Tired of removing rusted bolts with your old bulky air powered impact tool? Need more power and versatility? Well, you’re in the right place. Impact guns powered by batteries have advanced so much that they can now rival their pneumatic counterparts.
Most of the best cordless impact wrench in this guide are considered as the best in this category because of their performance, power, and durability. Not to mention the lightweight and comfortable design. You can count on these tools for muscle, and they won’t let you down. Here are some of the best impact guns on the market.
- 1 3 Best Impact Wrench Comparison – Editor’s Choice
- 2 10 Top Rated Cordless Impact Wrench Reviews
- 2.1 Werktough IW03 18V Cordless Impact Wrench Kit
- 2.2 DEWALT DCF899HB 20V MAX XR Brushless High Torque 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- 2.3 Craftsman C3 ½” Heavy Duty Impact Wrench Kit Powered By 4ah XCP Cordless Tools High Torque
- 2.4 Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 2.5 Ingersoll Rand W7150-K1 ½” Hi-Torque Impact Wrench
- 2.6 PORTER-CABLE PCC740B 1/2″ Cordless Impact Wrench
- 2.7 DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B 1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench
- 2.8 Makita XWT11Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Impact Wrench
- 2.9 Ryobi P1833 3-Speed 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 2.10 Hitachi WR18DBDL2 18V Brushless Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- 3 Ultimate Battery Powered impact wrench Buying Guide
- 3.1 What is an Impact Wrench?
- 3.2 How does an Impact Wrench Work?
- 3.3 What Features Should it Have?
- 3.4 Why use a Battery Powered Impact Wrench?
- 3.5 What to look Before you buy
- 3.6 Torque:
- 3.7 Weight:
- 3.8 Price:
- 3.9 Size:
- 3.10 Portability:
- 3.11 Drive size:
- 3.12 Torque adjustment:
- 3.13 IPM:
- 3.14 No load speed:
- 3.15 Ergonomics:
- 3.16 Warranty:
- 4 Frequently Asked Question
3 Best Impact Wrench Comparison – Editor’s Choice
10 Top Rated Cordless Impact Wrench Reviews
Werktough IW03 18V Cordless Impact Wrench Kit
- Changing 4 car tyres , only 1 fully charger !
- Torque : 280 Nm / 207 ft.lbs ; 3.0 A Li-ion battery
- Anvil : 1/2''；No-load speed : 0-2300rpm
- Spareparts : 4PCS CRV Sockets (17,19, 21, 23mm)
- We offer you a 100% money back guarantee and two years quality warranty. If you have any problems, pls contact us immediately, we will try our best to help you ASAP.
Technology has been rapidly improving over the years, and impact wrenches are getting more compact and powerful. Even the cordless ones are getting powerful batteries which can rival their corded counterparts. The Werktough IW03 is an ideal example. It’s also one of our budget recommendations.
This cordless wrench is powered by 18v Lithium battery. With the purchase, you’ll be getting a carrying case, a charging dock, and 4PCS CRV sockets. Additionally, you can purchase other sockets for your trailers and trucks. It is super easy to use and can be a great companion for a first-time cordless wrench owner.
Werktough is a fairly new brand and most of you probably never heard of them. But they make some really good tools. Being a lesser-known brand doesn’t mean that this impact wrench is bad. The first batch of the product started selling around July of 2017, and there are little to none info out there. However, I’ve found some short tests and the review is based on that.
It has a simple design, nothing that caught my eye. This one actually looks very similar to Harbor Freight wrenches. It has a considerable weight, and gripping feels solid and firm. Grips are adequate for light to medium use.
This one is a complete kit, and at that price, most manufacturers will only give you the bare tool. But to my surprise, Werktough is giving away a case, charger, and battery along with sockets.
- 400ft-lbs torque which is more than any other tool in this price range.
- 2 hours running time on a fully charged battery.
- 2300 RPM no-load speed and 3,000 IPM.
- It comes in a complete package including all accessories.
- Reversible direction control and switch lock.
- It’s a new brand, and I honestly don’t know how well it will hold up in the long run.
DEWALT DCF899HB 20V MAX XR Brushless High Torque 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- Brushless motor for superior performance. Tool Length-8.81 inch
- Power tool type cordless.Heavy-duty impact mechanism with max torque 700 ft./lbs., breakaway torque 1,200 ft./lbs.
- 3-speed selector switch for control
- LED work light. No load speed : 400/ 1200/ 1900 rpm
- Able to handle a 6ft drop
The DCF899HB is a half-inch high torque impact wrench from Dewalt’s famous 20 volts max lineup. If you have other tools from the same brand that uses the 20V MAX battery, you can use that to run this wrench. Whether it is the high capacity packs or compact packs, they’re going to power it exactly the same way.
The best feature of this tool is that it has three different speed or power modes. If you are dealing with smaller fasteners, you don’t have to worry about stripping them out or breaking them off. If you are dealing with bigger stuff, you can set the power mode on 3 and put maximum torque through to the fastener.
As far as purchasing this, they do have different options. You can buy the impact by itself as a bare tool if you already own a product from the 20V MAX lineup. If you opt for the complete kit, you’ll get the impact tool, two 5amp battery packs, a dual voltage charger, and a protective tool bag.
The design of this impact is very ergonomic and durable. The yellow portion is hard plastic the black portion is soft rubber. Even though it is a cordless tool, any half-inch impact wrench won’t be small. The variable trigger will make the motor run faster or slower depending on how hard you press it.
For superior performance, this tool uses a brushless motor that has a max torque of 700 ft./lbs. and 1,200 ft./lbs. of breakaway torque. A LED work light and 400/ 1200/ 1900 rpm no load speed. This tool can handle a 6ft drop. There are bumpers on the housing too.
- The DCF899HB is a powerful, heavy-duty tool made for tough jobs.
- This gun can break lose all of your semi-truck lug nuts.
- Thanks to the variable trigger, you can work on all sorts of nuts.
- It has a comfortable grip and a decent weight that won’t wear your hands down.
- It will run off any other 20 MAX batteries.
- So far, it’s the best out there.
Craftsman C3 ½” Heavy Duty Impact Wrench Kit Powered By 4ah XCP Cordless Tools High Torque
- 0-3,000 RPM/IPM
- Up to 300 ft-lbs. of torque
- 4Ah XCP Lithium-ion Battery
- 3 Built-in LED Lights
Let’s talk about numbers, 0-3000 RPM/IPM, 300 ft-lbs. of torque, 19.2-Volt battery, not just any battery though, this one packs the 4Ah XCP battery, longer run time and three built-in LED lights. These are what you’ll be getting from the Craftsman C3 ½” heavy duty impact tool.
If you are tired of using cords and hoses, and something with enough punch to break those rusty lug nuts, this right here might the ideal solution. Experience the freedom of cordless tool that’s powered by a powerful 4Ah XCP lithium-ion battery. Thanks to the XCP, this impact can run 4 times longer than any ni-cd battery.
When it comes to an automotive user or a garage owner, power is the key. This impact wrench kit can be the right powerhouse for those jobs. It has a robust motor that boasts a whopping 300 ft-lbs. of torque and 0-3000 RPM/IPM. And the XCP technology pushes its limit and increases the torque by 20% when needed.
This toolkit can operate in extreme weather from 5 to all the way up to 158 degrees. The multi-chemistry charging dock will reduce the time needed to recharge and replace the battery and gives you an interruption-free work time. For maximum visibility, three LED lights will illuminate dark areas.
Last but not least, handle. It has a comfortable grip, and the microtextured overmold rubber increases control and comfort. It’s a flashy tool but very convenient. The ½-inch square pin comes with detent pin retention and can produce up to 3000 impacts per minute.
- Illuminates dark work areas using the built-in 3-LED Lights.
- Ideal from breaking away car lug nuts.
- Improved tactile control and a comfortable grip.
- Powerful torque for heavy-duty application.
- It is powered by XCP battery technology.
- Somewhat heavy and bigger than most other compact impact guns.
Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- Provides maximum productivity by removing stubborn and high torque fasteners up to 2X faster than the competition
- Most compact cordless High Torque Impact Wrench in its class at 8.39" in length
- Industry leading 4-mode drive control with bolt removal mode, allowing for ultimate control.
- REDLINK PLUS intelligence prevents damage to the tool and battery due to overloading or overheating
- REDLITHIUM batteries deliver more work per charge and more work over the life of the battery
There are only two companies that own the impact wrench industry, Dewalt and Milwaukee. Every time they release something new, you can be sure it will be awesome. The Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel is no exception. It’s a powerful heavy-duty machine. Milwaukee really changed the view on how people think of cordless impact guns.
The 2767-20 M18 Fuel uses brushless motor technology with an 18-volt platform, and you are looking at 1400 pounds of break-away torque and 1000 pounds of fastening torque from cordless technology. That’s not all they are coming out with, they have also added their one key solution. It gives you some more capability when it comes to torquing.
When fastening or breaking away different fasteners, you can dial that in and have a very close range of where that torque falls into those fasteners. You no longer need any torque sticks to do anything. Just hold the trigger, and when it gets to that point, it will stop the tool from rotating.
This tool can generate an amazing amount of power while being a cordless machine. This is some revolutionary tech right here. Twice the speed and the industry leading 4-mode drive control makes it a have must tool for every garage owner.
When the tool gets too hot, it will automatically stop the motor. The new REDLITHIUM™ technology makes the battery more efficient by delivering more work per charge and over the battery life.
- It’s amazing how an electric impact gun outperforms an air impact gun.
- The special built-in feature that protects the tool from overheating/overloading.
- Friction ring design makes it easy and fast to change sockets.
- Ergonomic handle and solid grip.
- Powerful torque from an 18v battery powered tool.
- Slightly expensive, but the quality justifies the price.
Ingersoll Rand W7150-K1 ½” Hi-Torque Impact Wrench
- Power: 780 ft-lbs of maximum reverse torque and 1100 ft-lb of nut-busting torque from cordless impact wrench that weighs only 6.8 lb
- Durability: Steel-lined aluminum hammer case designed to be strong and light-weight for maximum protection of the internal components
- Comfort: Patent-pending soft touch over-molded grip minimizes vibration, reduces fatigue and enhances user comfort during extended use
- W7150 Standard Anvil Impactool: Includes the bare tool only. Does not include a battery or a charger
The W7150 from Ingersoll Rand gives you the power of a pneumatic wrench in the convenience of a cordless tool. From DIY automotive technicians to professional remodelers, this tool will make quick work of your tough jobs. This high torque impact gun packs a powerful high torque motor that’s powered by a 20V battery.
This compact gun has a mind-boggling 780 ft-lbs. of reverse torque and a whopping 1100 ft-lbs. of breakaway torque. That’s almost the same amount of torque that you get out of an air tool. On top of that, it weighs only 6.8 lbs. To protect the internal parts from overheating, durable steel-lined aluminum is used to make the hammer case.
It is designed to be lightweight, strong and powerful. This one feels comfortable to hold, and the grip is very solid. The grip uses their patented soft touch over-molded grip. It will reduce fatigue, minimize vibration and increases overall comfort when used for a long period of time.
From suspension work to heavy-duty equipment repair, this impact gun packs enough power to tackle most of your demanding disassembly and assembly torque. It has the mobility you need and gives you the best weight-to-power ration in this price range.
One common problem of this kind of impact tool is the heating issue, because of such high torque output, this one stays surprisingly cool. It is designed to withstand harsh usage. The chemical and impact resistant housing gives you long-lasting performance.
- It has enough power to tackle jobs anywhere.
- Lightweight construction and comfortable grip lessen your workload.
- Best power to weight ratio in this price segment.
- Enough torque to compete with air impact guns.
- This one has an outstanding battery life.
- Slightly expensive.
PORTER-CABLE PCC740B 1/2″ Cordless Impact Wrench
- Powerful motor produces 330ft/lbs of torque for heavy applications
- Maximum of 1,650 rpm's for driving large fasteners quickly
- 1/2" hog ring for quick and easy socket changes
- Full variable speed trigger for precision control
- 3 year limited warranty
Porter Cable is a brand that has a huge fanbase because of their design, durability, and performance. And, for the fact that their parent company is Stanley Black & Decker. This PCC740B will be a great addition to your arsenal if you are looking for a cordless option.
It’s a good entry level kit with a decent amount of torque. It has more than the adequate power which is suitable for heavy duty application. On strong suit of this tool is the durability. Many users claimed that their tool was still working even after they dropped it. Just by looking at it you’ll see how well this impact gun is built.
This tool has a half-inch anvil size and a hog ring for a quick and easy change of sockets. A powerful motor backs it up that can reach 1650 rpm for driving large fasteners. Variable speed trigger for ultimate precision and control. It has a powerful battery that you need to buy separately. You can either buy this as a bare tool or go for the bundle option.
If you want a budget option, this is the one. There is a built-in LED light that helps illuminate dark areas, and it turns on when you press the trigger and turns off when you release it. The housing is chemical resistant and uses over-mold grips for increased comfort.
Overall, it has a nice automotive friendly design with a nice balanced weight. Speaking of weight, the bare tool weighs only 6 lbs. which is sort of lightweight. It has a short length of 10-inch from front to back. Adapters for this tool is available anywhere.
- This impact tool is specifically made for car owners.
- It works with any 20V MAX lithium ion battery from Porter Cable.
- The battery is powerful enough to get you through the day.
- It’s a great entry-level product for budget-oriented garage owners.
- No speed selection but it has variable speed trigger.
- Since it is an entry level, the charger brick takes quite some time to fully charge the 20V lithium-ion battery.
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B 1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench
- Frameless motor for extended tool durability and life
- Compact size and weight allow access into tighter areas and reduces user fatigue
- 1,740 in-lbs of torque to perform a wide range of fastening applications
- 0-2,400 rpm/0-2,700 ipm for faster application speed
- Replaceable brushes for increased serviceability; Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides maximum comfort
The DC820B from DEWALT features a powerful frameless motor that not only looks unique but also increases the durability and lifespan of this wrench. It is compact in size and fairly lighter than most other DEWALT’s cordless tool. This small size allows the user to reach tighter places and also helps in reducing user’s fatigue.
It has a powerful 1740 in-lbs. of torque that can perform a wide range of loosening and fastening applications. This tool can generate 0 – 2400 rotation per minute and 0 – 2700 impact per minute. To further extend the durability of this impact tool, the gear case uses magnesium and all metal transmission.
This impact gun uses a unique heavy-duty mechanism that directs the torque to fastener without any kickback. This tool is powered by an 18v battery but can perform like a 20v battery powered tool. The frameless motor can be a real money saver. We all know brushless motors sacrifice durability for power, but this is a motor with replaceable brushes.
When performing a wide range of applications, you can’t beat this model. It’s so light and so small, you’ll instantly fall in love with this gun. It has a very dependable motor that simplifies maintenance. The anti-slip grip gives you the needed confidence and on the job comfort.
Things I like about DEWALT are the performance and durability of their tools. Even though their tools are expensive, the quality you’ll be getting will be pretty solid.
- Replaceable brushes reduce the maintenance cost and simplify the process.
- Lightweight yet very durable and powerful moor.
- Ideal for reaching tight spaces because it is very compact.
- Variable speed trigger with a high no-load speed.
- Exceptional ergonomics and feels very comfortable to hold.
- You need to purchase the battery and the charger pack separately.
Makita XWT11Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Impact Wrench
- BL Brushless motor delivers 210 ft.Lbs. Of max torque
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-3/4" long
- 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,600 / 0-2,100 / 0-2,800 RPM & 0-1,800 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,500 IPM) for precise fastening control in a wide range of applications
- Reverse rotation auto-stop mode stops rotation and impact in two seconds when fastener is loosened adequately
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
The ½-inch XWT11Z from Makita is a compact impact gun features three different speed/power mode. It will do a wide range of things, for example, on a construction site or automotive work and you don’t have to worry about messing up your bolt or your nut.
This tool is best suited for homeowners who will use this tool occasionally and don’t want to pay 500 bucks for a high-end one. The BL brushless motor that powers this tool delivers 210 ft-lbs. of max torque. Three-speed controls that can reach 1600 rpm on the 1st-speed setting, 2100 and 2800 rpm on 2nd and 3rd speed setting.
1800 impact per minute on 1st setting and 2600 and 3500 on 2nd and 3rd for precise fastening control. This variable speed setting is useful for a wide range of application. This tool has a reverse rotation stop mode that stops both the rotation and impact two seconds after the nut or bolt comes out. It’s ideal for fabrication trades, automotive and remodeling works.
The BL Brushless motor has a feature that controls the motor electronically to preserve battery extend the runtime up to 50%. The whole unit is powered by Makita’s 18V Lithium-Ion series battery. These batteries are famous for their quick charging time and last long too.
For better performance, always use original Makita brand batteries and chargers. You can either buy the bundle pack or go for the bare tool. The whole gun without the battery weighs around 3.8 lbs. There are three LED lights to brighten up dark areas.
- Comfortable rubberized soft grip increases stability and confidence.
- Protection against over-discharging, overloading and overheating.
- Lightweight, compact and ergonomic design at only 5-3/4” long.
- Prevents over-torquing when fastening.
- Strong enough for all car lug nuts.
- So far, this tool held up pretty well.
Ryobi P1833 3-Speed 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- Produces more torque and more IPM than previous model
- Includes 18-Volt ONE+ battery, compatible with all ONE+ tools
- 3-speed design lets you choose the right power for the job
The P1833 is a small and compact impact gun, and that uses a powerful 18v motor. This tool can generate a maximum torque of 300 ft-lbs. This amount of power is very useful for garage owners. On top of that, it has a 3200 impact per minute which makes it a very strong tool. It boasts a useful amount of power in a small form factor.
Just like DEWALT and Makita’s lineup of impact tools, the power packs on the Ryobi P1833 are interchangeable. Which means you can run this tool if you already have some Ryobi brand tools in your arsenal. If you don’t have one, buying the powerful 4-amp hours battery is a good investment.
Ryobi’s 4ah 18v lithium+ batteries are quite powerful and can power this tool for a long time. That’s more than enough power to use this gun for a variety of heavy-duty applications. Additionally, this tool has 3-speed selector switch to perform a wide range task.
It weighs less than Dewalt impact wrenches but can perform the same. You’ll get a safe and reliable amount of force when putting lug nuts as well as break the torque of quite a few vehicles. In short bursts, the impact from this tool can set lugs to about 120 to 130 ft-lbs.
This tool requires less power to assemble nuts than to take apart. The changeable speed settings are perfect for working with smaller bolts and nuts. Battery life is also impressive, with ¾ of charge you can service 5 vehicles with full rotations.
- Tri-beam LED lights for working without a work light.
- 3-Speed selector switch for a wide range of applications.
- It works with any Ryobi 18v One+ batteries.
- Quick and easy socket change.
- Lightweight and ergonomic design.
- You need to buy the battery separately.
Hitachi WR18DBDL2 18V Brushless Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- Powerful 225 ft-lbs of Torque: Handle the toughest jobs
- 4-Mode Selector: Ranging from 0-1,000/2,700 RPM to conveniently tackle a wide variety of applications
- On-Tool LED Light: Effectively illuminate dark work spaces
- Lightweight at 3.3 lbs: Reduce fatigue during extended or elevated use
- Li-Ion Battery Technology: Fade free power and lighter weight than NiCd batteries
The Hitachi WR18DBDL2 18V impact gun gives you full control over the RPM from 0 – 2700 and over the impacts/min 0 – 3600. The motor is brushless which means longer runtime and less servicing. On top of that, the unit is IP65 rated which means it will be resistant against water and dust. It’s rated M10 – M16 high tension bolts and 305Nm torque.
This tool will give you full control over the LED job light and 4 mode speed selection for full control. Hitachi really made a strong comeback with this one. This tool fits 1/2″ to 1/2″ impact locking adapter, 1/2″ to 1/4″ hex adapter and 1/2″ to 13mm keyless chuck. You can also use it as an impact driver/drill.
It comes with a quick charging fan cooled charger, and the 6Ah battery goes from low-voltage cut-out to full in about twenty minutes. You can test the hell out of this gun, and it will perform well every time. The motor can generate a powerful 225 ft-lbs. of torque that can handle even the toughest of jobs.
This brushless impact gun is really lightweight. It weighs only 3.3 lbs. The ergonomic design reduces fatigue when used for an extended period. And, the whole weight is with the battery connected. It can achieve faster tightening and higher torque while being this lightweight.
The center balance design and ergonomic grip ensure top of the line user experience. It has got plenty of power to remove lug nuts and bolts and can work on car bolts to a degree.
- It’s great for everyday maintenance work.
- Precise control over the RPM and IPM.
- Longer and powerful battery life.
- Brushless motor that needs less servicing and maintenance.
- Lightweight and good performance to weight ratio.
- No detent ball to keep the socket from falling.
Ultimate Battery Powered impact wrench Buying Guide
To make sure that you end up with one of the best budget cordless impact wrenches in hand you need to understand various facts such as what is it? How do they work? Why use them? These entire questions will be thoroughly answered in our guide. Also, We have covered a massive guide about Impact Wrench Buyers Guide – Everything you need to know
What is an Impact Wrench?
According to Wikipedia “An impact wrench (also known as an impactor, impact gun, air wrench, air gun, rattle gun, torque gun, windy gun) is a socket wrench power tool designed to deliver high torque output with minimal exertion by the user, by storing energy in a rotating mass, then delivering it suddenly to the output shaft.”
This machine consists of a motor which is driven by a power source such as compressed air, electricity or battery. It generates a greater amount of torque which in turn is used to rotate the socket and tightens the loose nut-bolt or remove bolts from a machine.
The direction of rotation can be reversed just with a flip of the switch such that it can work both ways. Also, these torque wrenches can generate far more torque which the human hands can produce.
How does an Impact Wrench Work?
There are two distinct shapes. One of those shaped like a pistol or those like a giant screwdriver. However, despite these completely different shapes both work exactly the same way.
Inside the device, a motor causes rotation inside which exerts the force onto an anvil at the end of the tool. These can be either air or electrically powered. This creates torque and a twisting motion that is usually applied in small bursts of force to twist whatever it’s aimed at.
Inside the motor also has a small hammer that hits an anvil connected to the drive. This force is then exerted onto the socket to break the bolt loose.
By pushing the wrench you’re also applying pressure which helps create friction so that the wrench can better grip or contact the bolt.
The most powerful wrenches are air driven and much lighter but these are not cordless and can only be used with a compressor. Check out the guide on Power Tool Maintenance
Check out this Video about – How an Impact Wrench Works
What Features Should it Have?
The physics of all impact wrenches are fairly similar, though you will see a difference in features and especially the power available. For all cordless impact wrenches, you’re going to find that they’re battery powered. This means they are better for smaller jobs and will usually require the battery to be charged as the power produced will drop as the battery drains.
The two main differences in wrenches are the pistol and screwdriver grips though this is a matter of preference rather than something that affects performance. Wrenches usually come with 5 different socket sizes based on the grip shape. A 1/4” socket can be found on either grip, 3/8”-1/2”-3/4” sockets are usually only found on pistol grips, and 1” sockets are usually only found on pistols and t shaped inline grips.
If you’re working with a bolt that is larger than an inch you’re going to need a more powerful heavy duty wrench that will not be cordless. The key feature of any wrench is the amount of torque it produces, most will tell you their maximum torque while others will have variable torque settings depending on the function. Torque is what you need to pay attention to as it can cause bolts to be over-tightened or too lose.
Check out our Article about Best Cordless Ratchet Reviews
Why use a Battery Powered Impact Wrench?
Well, there are a large number of reasons to use this tool. I am going to mention a few of them which you cannot deny at all.
- It can remove the bolt or fasteners very quickly that too without using a lot of muscle power or cause fatigue
- They are more friendly and easy to use in tight working space and prevents you from the risk of busted knuckles
- Provide you with a leverage multiple time which can be generated by the manual wrench, thus efficiently removing a stuck bolt or fastener
What to look Before you buy
To choose the best available impact wrench is directly dependent on the type of work which you do but there are certain features which should be considered while making the purchase. Ideally, you must have a look at the below mention features.
The higher the torque, the more capable the wrench will be. Having enough torque give you the power to remove and install fasteners very quickly. Look for a wrench with a minimum of 150 ft-lbs or 1800 in-lbs. There are impact wrenches which generate torque in excess of 700 ft-lbs, making them much suitable for professional use.
A wrench with lower weight must be given priority. As for small jobs, it doesn’t matter. But when you are working for longer hours a lighter machine is easier to control and handle.
According to me, it’s the most important aspect of purchasing anything, first identify how much you want to spend and then accordingly select the reasonable features which you can get in your budget.
The general consideration for size is the smaller, the better as a smaller device would enable you to work in tight spaces. But smaller size will lead to a loss of torque, so I advise you to get a medium sized device.
If your work demands you to carry your tool at various sites then selecting a model which is light and moderate in size will suit you the best. As they are easy to move around while working and can easily fit in tight spaces.
The most famous drive among users is the 1/2″ size which is capable for most of the application, besides 1/3” is also popular but it has lesser torque and comes in a small package when compared to 1/2″.
This is the feature which I love the most because it enables me to control the torque and thus reduces the chance of over torquing or snapping the bolt head.
IPM stands for impact per minute and represents the number of times hammer strikes anvil whereas. Higher these number quickly and tightly the bolt will be fastened.
No load speed:
No load speed is the speed at which the wrench turns without load, choose a lower speed as, and torque is inversely proportional.
Look for a wrench that fits your hands perfectly and has a good & comfortable grip material. As it will provide better balance and reduce strain and fatigue while working.
Perhaps the most important point when you are looking to invest your hard earned money, most manufacturers offer 1 to 2-year warranty, but occasionally some may give a lifetime The extra warranty comes at an increased price so look what you wish for. There are companies that give different warranty for tool and a separate warranty for the battery, so choose accordingly.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the ideal use of a cordless impact gun?
The reason why some people burn out their tool is that they don’t properly use them for what these tools were meant to do. Don’t expect to remove large truck wheel nuts with a small tool that’s only capable of removing car bolts. You can use them in mechanics garage or in a construction site. The ideal usage scenario would be for car repair.
Which drill voltage should I pick?
As you can see from the list, some tools are powered by an 18v lithium battery, and some are powered by 20v batteries. The higher the voltage, the more powerful the gun is. It will also depend on the type of work that you want to accomplish. For light to medium jobs, any tool that’s powered by a 20v battery should get the job done.
What is the meaning of “Ah” in batteries?
Ah stands for Amperage hours. Normally, the more the Ah in a battery, the longer it will be able to keep its charge. Go for at least a 4Ah battery for longer work time. There are models that lose power more than others, and in the case of rechargeable batteries, they’ll lose charge even if not in use. Pick a reputable brand if you want a longer lasting battery.
Impact wrenches are specialized pieces of equipment and large bolts may require more than a cordless wrench can handle. Find out the Best one is not an easy task. Although, most of these wrenches are fairly similar the Milwaukee and the Ingersoll are clear winners in power, if not for the prohibitively expensive price!
If you need the power through this extra $70-100 is noticeable as you’re talking almost 3-6 times the power of some of the other drills. If you need to work on the outside and need more power you need air impact wrench For a compact wrench, the Dewalt scrapes through since the Bosch just hasn’t quite got enough power despite its motor.
If you’re looking for a bargain then the Goodyear is a workhorse at barely over $100 it’s well above in specifications for those under the same price. For an all-around tool that has power and is cost effective the Goodyear again is on top, though if you’ve got a system from either Makita or Ryobi you might consider those too since you won’t be worrying about the battery.
None of these are as powerful as air wrenches, but you’ll still get decent days to work out of most of them. Once you get over $150 price really makes a difference in power so deciding whether you really need that extra few hundred ft. lb of torque is important if that’s your selling point.